Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CANADA GOOSE LUXURY OUTERWEAR Men’s & Women’s 2010/2011


Outdoor Retailer SLC

Words/Images Judith Ecochard



The Winter show is the major to do for Canada Goose, a premium outerwear label out of Canada. We’ve written up the Fall 2010 collection (see review)…but it’s always a pleasure to stop by and see exactly what is heading to high-end retailers like Gorsuchs, The Tannery, Bergdorf’s, Bloomingdale’s etc. 


WHAT WE COVET

Yuketen/Monitaly designer YUKI MATSUDA’s luxe  capsule collection for Canada Goose is a knock-out…and curiously, the Pendleton green jacket we want is technically for men.


















Functional and eye-catching side arm pockets


The Chilliwack in Scottish tweed---über warmth,

Completely made in Canada, we think the Vest, Bomber and thigh high Expedition Jacket are all winners.


And what a stylish way to ignore the cold when the mercury dips…

Popular look in Japan






























































Alberta Vest-Hip length with droptail, removeable down filled hood, velcro collar with storm flap 

WINNER:

Using the 96% wind blocking Polartec® Power Shield O2 shell fabric that is also breathable (the other 4%)…the slim fitting, Canada Goose Tremblant Pullover snagged the prestigious APEX DESIGN AWARD for 2010, that rewards innovation---for Polartec based garments.




The Tremblant features reflective tape, 






































ACCESSORIES TOO---Classique Shearling (below) and Merino Plaid Cap (above)